Thursday 29 November 2012

Tell me why I don't like Mondays

Can you imagine a time when every time you put on a washing you had to make a cake?
If you'd been an ordinary person living in the 18th century then that is what you'd have done.
In those days when life was simple, people stoked up their coal fired stove on a Monday to heat the water to boil the clothes. Not wanting to waste the heat in the oven at the side of the stove they did a baking. That made Mondays very busy and the only day they had fresh bread and cakes. Luckily for us we can have fresh bread and cakes any day of the week - washing is far easier as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so glad I live today! Although I could probably do with some tips on baking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so am I - I'll be posting baking tips in the next few weeks. What in particular can I help you with?

      Delete